Vintage treasure in Annville

By Jake Marcus ’24, staff writer

For over 14 years, there has been a spot in Annville that contains hidden treasure for the old and the new.

First Floor Attic is an antique store located at 149 West Main St. in Annville. It is run by one man, Bill Santaniello.

While now having more than 10,000 vinyl records in the store, the location once originally housed a hardware store. The store was up for sale one day as he was taking his daughter out to lunch, and inspiration struck.

“At that point in my life, I was looking to open up an antique store,” Santaniello said.  

He has a great interest in collecting memorabilia and other merchandise.

“I’ve always been a collector, from my grandfather taking me to card shows and other events,” he said.

When asked about the most fulfilling part of his job is finding the perfect item for the customer. He has a large book full of customers’ names and what their interests are.

“If I find a weird lamp, I know to call Shaun the lamp guy.”

Regardless of where Santaniello is or what he’s doing, it’s clear he just wants to build lasting relationships with his community.

For 11 years after college, Santaniello worked at a group home for adults with disabilities.

“I loved the job,” Bill said. “It was very rewarding, not financially, but it got me close with a lot of different people”

After his stint with the group home, he managed the York Benevolent Agency which provides food for the residents of York City. He is a man of many professions, but has found a niche for finding nostalgic gifts for the people of Annville.  

Finish it up and connect with being personal

While not like his traditional community service-centered past, Santaniello is committed to benefits to every community he finds himself in. For Annville, they’re getting vintage treasures to bridge them to the past.