Senior Spotlight: Nico Santoro

Picture by Karissa Adams

By Andrew Spaan ’25, staff writer

LVC baseball star Nico Santoro is in his final year at LVC.

Nico graduated last Spring with a degree in business administration. However, he decided to utilize his extra year of NCAA eligibility to return for a fifth year of baseball and to get his graduate degree in intelligence and security studies.   

Santoro is a five-year starter as shortstop for the LVC baseball team and has been an integral part of the program’s recent success. During his tenure, he has helped the Dutchmen win two consecutive conference championships and reach a regional final during the 2023 season.  

“It’s been incredible to see where the program is at now and how we really do everything as a team and want to compete at the highest level has been something special,” Santoro said.  

During his time at LVC, Nico has also set numerous career and single season records. Some of these include a single season hits record, single season doubles record and the career doubles record. Santoro also recently took sole possession of LVC’s all-time hits record, securing his place as the best hitter in school history.   

Along with these accomplishments, Nico was the 2023 MAC Commonwealth Player of the Year and has been selected to multiple All-Region and All-Conference teams.  

Off the field, Nico provides support for his teammates in other ways. He started running a barbershop business where he would give haircuts to teammates and friends for affordable prices. Over time, his client base has expanded and now he does haircuts for many people across campus.  

“I learned over COVID,” Santoro said. “I started giving haircuts to a couple of teammates but as I got better my client base grew more and more. Now I do a lot of haircuts.”   

Nico is still considering his options for what he wants to do when he leaves LVC after this year. With his sixth year of NCAA eligibility, he could transfer to play another year of baseball at another school.   

“Right now, I am on fence of either continuing my baseball career at a different school, or getting into the intelligence analysis field.”  

Whatever decision Nico makes, his impact has been felt both on and off the field within the LVC community and he will be missed by many.