Senior Spotlight: Michelle Szivos

Photo Provided by Lebanon Valley College

By Melissa Toribio ‘25, staff writer 

Completing a bachelor’s degree in just three years is no easy task, yet that never discouraged senior accounting major Michelle Szivos, as she prepares to finish her final semester as an undergrad. 

Growing up in Harrisburg, PA, Szivos always had a passion for the mathematical world and that continued in college as she committed to LVC. 

“It’s a funny story actually,” Szivos said. “I kept getting e-mails about entering my SAT score for an aid estimation, and I saw that I could get a lot of money, so I put in a random number and qualified for the highest amount of aid. I kept getting more and more e-mails from the school and even a personalized video message. I ended up with a high SAT score anyways, so I just committed.” 

Szivos is part of LVC’s accelerated 3+1 dual degree program as well as the accounting club. 

In only four years, she’ll have her Bachelor of Science in accounting and then a Master of Business Administration. On top of that, she’ll have enough credits to become a Certified Public Accountant by the time she finishes her studies.  

“The accounting major wasn’t that difficult for me. Summers were packed for me, though. Since freshman year, I had about one to two classes per summer semester.” Szivos said. 

After being at LVC for three years and counting, Szivos says she enjoyed her time at the college. She recounts that LVC has helped prepare her for the world outside of college, allowing her to integrate smoothly. 

Currently, Szivos is continuing an internship she began last spring at Joann Y. Hauer CPA in Annville. At her internship, she focuses on taxes but also considers focusing specifically on auditing in the future. After the school year ends, Szivos intends to find work with a larger team.

In Szivos’ closing remarks about her journey at LVC, she said, “I really liked the past couple of years. I had ups and downs here and there, but I’m still glad I chose to come to LVC.” 

Szivos will return to LVC as a grad student to pursue her MBA.