Women’s tennis places second in doubles match

Photo provided by Lois Yeater

By Lois Yeater ’22, staff writer 

LVC’s women’s tennis team has been waiting for a match since last spring and it’s starting with a tournament to kick off the fall season.  

The tennis team has been preparing for two tournaments and three tennis matches for the fall. The first tournament that they are preparing for is for the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships, which happened this past weekend. Even though their season is quite short, they will have a chance at more matches during their spring season.  

“It’s definitely a different competitiveness that I am not used to, so it will be good to grow my skills and learn from my teammates and coach,” Eliana Shenk, a first-year player, said.  

Shenk was excited for the first tournament; her doubles partner, Madison Poladian, ended up making it to the finals for number two doubles. They ended up placing second but fought back hard, only losing in a tiebreaker.  

“I am really excited to have a fall season, you know, out playing with my teammates,” Abbie Hoffer, a third-year transfer player, said. “It’s going to be great.”  

Hoffer started playing tennis for LVC last fall, but there were no matches because of COVID-19.