Sanders to become digital content writer

By Marj O’Neill ’21, Assistant Editor

Senior English major Meridyth Sanders will enter the workforce post-graduation as a digital content writer.

Sanders applied to several jobs early on and either never heard anything back or was rejected. Then, when she wasn’t even looking, someone from the digital marketing agency WebFX reached out to her on LinkedIn with the perfect role—a content writing position.

“I will mostly be responsible for writing content for WebFX’s clients, which could include blog posts, long form research papers and website content,” Sanders said. “This job will be a great way for me to gain lots of experience in my field and develop even stronger writing and marketing skills.”

Despite the application and interview process for the role being remote, it was still an easy and straightforward experience for Sanders.

“Someone from the team first reached out to me on LinkedIn encouraging me to apply, and after that, I just had to submit my resumé to the right person,” Sanders said. “The next step was a phone interview before an extensive writing test and then one final meeting on Zoom.”

The remote aspect of this position is the most attractive aspect to Sanders.

“I’m really excited to be working remotely, so I can control when I end my day as well as work from across the country, as I am planning on moving to Colorado after graduation,” Sanders said.

Sanders attributes a major part of her readiness to enter the workforce to the LVC Breen Center for Graduate Success and her role with them as a career peer.

“I know my resumé and cover letter writing skills have gotten so much better because of the time I’ve spent working for the Breen Center,” Sanders said. “I can’t thank the team members there enough for all of their encouragement and advice throughout the years.”

Sander’s advice to fellow LVC students is to reach out to the Breen Center for help early on in their collegiate career.

Students may schedule appointments with the Breen Center for Graduate Success online via Handshake or contact them at breencenter@lvc.edu with any questions.