Global Conversation Hour: Fulbright Scholar in Kosovo

Dr. Christopher Dolan

Gabbie Witter ’20, Staff Writer

Dr. Chris Dolan, professor of political science, will be speaking at the Global Conversation Hour, held in the Bishop Library Atrium on Friday, Oct. 16.

“I plan on presenting the professional and personal aspects of my Fulbright Scholar experience in Kosovo,” Dolan said. “This includes the courses I taught: World Politics; Political Parties and Democracy; and Integration of the Western Balkans in NATO and in the E.U.”

Attendees will learn about Dolan’s research on the geopolitical complexities of the Western Balkans and the role of NATO and the EU in the Euro-Atlantic integration process, with a particular focus on the Kosovo-Serbia dispute as a frozen conflict and Russian disinformation operations.

“I will also include a brief discussion on my learning the Albanian language, my living quarters and traveling through Kosovo and the Western Balkans,“ Dolan said. “I will end the presentation with a focus on what it was like being ordered back to the U.S. in March/April because of COVID-19.”

Anyone interested in hearing Dolan’s story can join both in-person or online.

Presentations are currently limited to 16 participants, but students or faculty members can also join via Zoom.