LVC establishes new honors program

By: Lauren Swisher ‘22, staff writer

LVC debuted a new honors program this fall which aims to provide a hands-on, interdisciplinary education to a select group of students.

Bailey Willis, a freshman exploratory major, appreciates the program.

“It’s nice to be around people who are similarly motivated, genuinely good people,” Willis said.

In order to apply for the honors program, a student must have at least a 3.5 GPA and must be in the top 20% of their high school class. The program is also invite-only.

“I saw myself being a part of that group,” Willis said. “It’s been such an awesome experience and a lot of us have felt like we’ve known each other for years already.”

LVC honors program students live and take honors classes together on campus. They gain advantages which include annual $1,000 scholarships and competitive career advantages.

“I know that the program will be a big benefit to all of us in the next few years, even after college,” Willis said. “I can see that Honors will give us a unique experience and a quality education.”

After a student indicates their interest, they must complete an interview and then enroll at LVC.