December graduate

By: Alexa Bash ’19, staff writer

At Lebanon Valley College, Jolie Winemiller, a senior applied history and communications major, will graduate earlier than the class of 2019.

Winemiller will graduate this December but walk with the rest of her class at commencement in May 2019. During her time at LVC, Jolie has an abundance amount of involvement in different areas. She’s a member of the Wig and Buckle Theater, who served on the executive board as Historian and Director of Publicity, and a member of the Students with Disabilities and the History and Political Science Honor Societies. Winemiller is also a Valley Ambassador, peer tutor, writing mentor and an assistant editor of La Vie Collegienne. Coming in as a freshman, she had completed six elective courses and took a number of summer courses to be able to graduate early from The Valley.

Through her success at LVC, she has acquired multiple job offers following graduation in December. After much thought, she has accepted a position at Hershey Entertainment and Resorts, which came from her experience from completing two internships with the company. Winemiller has had three internships during her time at LVC, all involve different positions and job titles. Her experiences have helped her find her interest in sales, marketing and her ability to work with a team to see the success of projects.

“My experience from these internships have gotten myself where I am today, but I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the faculty of LVC,” Winemiller said. “I cannot thank the faculty for the time and lessons I’ve learned in their courses. The faculty really has shaped me into the writer and person that I am today.”

The opportunities that LVC has offered Winemiller has influenced her on the career she wishes to pursue. Starting out at The Valley, she wanted to be a teacher and never thought she would be interested in sales or marketing; however, the experiences she had helped defined her professional career.

“Life works in mysterious ways, and whenever you have the chance to take an internship opportunity, do it, learn from it and take your experience to defy mediocrity.”

Winemiller is excited to start her job at Hershey Entertainment and Resorts in the Reservations department come January 2019 and is ready to apply all the skills that LVC has taught her into the real world.