By Kayla Heiserman ’20, staff writer
Ally Week, Sept. 24- 28, is a nationally recognized effort to encourage those who do not identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community to become allies for persons who do.
To celebrate this week, events will be held every day at Lebanon Valley College in regards to the LGBTQ+ and allied communities.
All week at various Metz locations there will be a featured beverage called the “Pinkety Drinkety,” a spin on the Starbucks drink, available. The drink is an iced strawberry acai tea with coconut milk– sweet, refreshing and pink! Events for Ally week are listed below.
- Monday, Sept. 24: Stonewall House will host cupcake decorating at 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 25: The film Love, Simon will be shown on the social quad at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 26: The Mund Dining Hall, during both lunch and dinner, will feature a rainbow theme with flags and desserts decorated to display LGBTQ+ pride. Stonewall House will also host its regularly scheduled showing of American Horror Story, Apocalypse in the Stonewall living room at 10 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 27: Stonewall House will host a trivia night with questions about LGBTQ+ history, slang and terms at 5 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 28: LVC will have a campus-wide Fall-Fest with multiple organizations preparing fall crafts like pumpkin decorating, an autumn photo booth and corn painting on the social quad. There will also be hay rides and fall-themed foods.
For any questions in regards to the events at Stonewall House or Ally Week, students can email house leaders Virginia Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org or Heather Ruitzel at email@example.com.