Broadway star visits LVC campus

By: Raeann Walquist ’20, staff writer

Sara Jean Ford, a Broadway performer and current voice and acting instructor at the Broadway Dreams Foundation, traveled to Lebanon Valley College to provide a class to those interested in performance.

Sara Jean Ford is an accomplished performer who has been in many Broadway productions including “CATS,” “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying,” “A Little Night Music,” “Finians Rainbow” and “The Phantom of the Opera.”

When she is not performing, Ford also teaches master classes for groups interested in performance and LVC was lucky enough to have her visit the campus.

Many students in attendance are considering going into performance, making this visit a perfect opportunity to get hands-on experience with their dream jobs.

“Having the opportunity to have professionals from your desired field come out and work with you one on one is an amazing experience. I would love to have this more frequently,” Madison Lenhart, a senior English and music majors, said.

During the class, Ford led students in acting and singing exercises to help them build upon their skills and relate to some of the classes they are currently taking at LVC.

“I enjoyed it! I wish we all had more time with her, but it was helpful to see her perspective and insight along with what I have been learning at LVC through the music faculty,” Lenhart said.

The class served as inspiration for students to continue to work their hardest and pursue a future career.

“Sara Jean Ford is an amazing vocalist in the theater world and that’s where I want to be. After graduation, I would like to keep performing and hopefully make a career out of it,” Lenhart said.

Students and professors alike enjoyed the experience and hope to have similar opportunities in the future as a way to further students education.