Life of a student-athlete

By Jacob Snarsky ’25, staff writer 

Being a student-athlete can be overwhelming, especially when considering the stress of both sports and classes.

Ryan Hendrixson, a junior midfielder on the men’s lacrosse team, is a business major. He gets very busy throughout the school year with lacrosse going on, along with needing to attend classes. 

“I make sure to take time to go to the library three times a week,” Hendrixson said. 

Hendrixson had his struggles with classes early on. However, being able to find help benefitted his time management, among other healthy habits. 

“Meeting up with teammates that have the same degree as me for schoolwork has been very helpful,” he said. 

Stress management is very important for all college students, especially for student-athletes. 

“Working with an academic coach was extremely helpful,” Hendrixson said. “They put me right on the right path. It opened up a lot like with where I was at, the progress I made so far and setting goals.” 

LVC offers students free resources, such as tutors and academic coaches, to provide additional aid. 

“They helped settle pretty much everything,” Hendrixson said. “When you come here, it’s a little hard to understand where you’re at with your degree, but they really helped.”

LVC students can find extra help through Starfish or in the Center for Academic Success, located in the basement of Mund. 

Contact the Center for Academic Success at 717-867-6078 or findyoursuccess@lvc.edu