Homecoming dance-off returns to in person

Provided by Lebanon Valley College Facebook

Casey Shillabeer ’22, staff writer  

The Homecoming Dutchmen Dance-Off began three years ago, with last year being online. This year everyone was able to enjoy their fellow classmates’ routines in person.  

The dance team was the key component for most of the dancers that performed. They worked with teams for weeks in advance to help choreograph and prepare the dances for showtime.  

Ainsley Cline, a junior on the dance team, has helped with the Dutchmen Dance-Off even when it was online last year.

“The dance team wasn’t as involved with the online dance-off as we are with the homecoming dance-off,” Cline said. “But personally, I did help with it last year. I helped the swim team choreograph a dance and record it!” 

Cline helped the women’s soccer team this year, “my favorite part of the Dutchmen Dance Off was being able to work with women’s soccer and see how excited they were to dance!” 

Madison Deller, a junior on the women’s soccer team felt that Cline’s help was crucial to their dance. “This year’s dance was a lot better than the first thanks to the dance team,” Deller said. “It was fun being out there with my teammates and having fun before homecoming.”  

This year’s dance-off was a new experience for other students on campus. Both first-year students and sophomores have not experienced a true in person dance-off as the juniors and seniors have.  

Gabe Iacavone, a sophomore on the football team, danced for his first time on Friday. “I was more nervous for this than a game because it is not something we normally do,” Iacavone said. “I think we should have won.”  

Winners of the dance-off received money and bragging rights for their teams while also getting to enjoy a fun experience before homecoming events officially kicked off. Congratulations to third place field hockey, second place drum line and first place swimming.