Senior Spotlight: English major senior reflects on education

by Page Olsen ’20, Staff Writer

Paige Bryson, a senior English major with a minor in business administration, shared her reflections on her time at LVC, as well as her plans for the future.

Some of Bryson’s greatest memories of her time at The College revolve around her classes.

“I have so many great memories with professors and friends both in and out of the classroom,” Bryson said. “I enjoyed my classes with G.C. so much, and I love having class with Cathy and Jaime, too.”

Bryson feels prepared for life after graduation because of her experience at LVC.

“Looking back, I realize how much each class, club and job has impacted me in some way or taught me some skill, even if that skill is just learning the best way to cope with things I don’t always enjoy doing,” Bryson said.

Prior to COVID-19, Bryson had a full-time offer lined up with Under Armour after graduation. Unfortunately, those plans are now up in the air. However, Bryson’s confidence is not shaken.

“Otherwise, my ultimate goal is to work in an office somewhere where I can put my skills to good use,” Bryson said. “I am organized, a good communicator and have great experience across a variety of different areas. I’m more focused on finding something that allows me to use these skills than a specific career path.”

For underclassmen, Bryson shared some good advice from an academic standpoint.

“Sit in the front of the room,” Bryson said. “It pays off. Take classes you may not be interested in.”

Bryson shared more advice in closing for approaching college as a whole.

“Don’t take anything for granted,” Bryson said. “Go on the bus trip, take the random class, talk to someone in the hallway, in your class, in the dining hall. Make new friends. You never know where things can lead you.”