Mock Interview Mania Week

By Autumn Light ’20
Staff Writer

The Edward and Lynn Breen Center for Graduate Success will be holding this semester’s Mock Interview Mania Week from Oct. 21-25.

At LVC, The Breen Center offers many opportunities and events for students to work on their professional skills and post-collegiate careers. One of their major events of the semester is Mock Interview Mania Week, where they invite volunteer employers and alumni to hold mock interviews with students.

When finished, students will be given feedback from their interviewers, including the list of questions that were asked, how well they answered and what they need to improve for future interviews.

“I learned a lot and got great feedback,” Claire Fitzgibbons, a senior English major, said. I thought they explained where I could improve and where I did well. The feedback was positive and constructive.”

Many students enjoy that the Breen Center’s method of conducting interviews blends a realistic expectation of real employers’ interviews with a friendly atmosphere that stimulates conversations, questions and feedback about the job world. There are no stakes on the line, which allows a safe space for students to practice their interview skills before they graduate.

Although interviews may instill fear in many undergraduates, most students who partake in the mock interviews have nothing but positive responses from their experiences.

“I have done Mock Interview Mania Week multiple semesters in a row,” Paige Bryson, a senior English major, said. “I have a great experience every time. The feedback is always constructive and I build a network with HR professionals that I can connect with on LinkedIn.”

Students must sign up by Oct. 20 by 11 p.m. on Handshake. They are also asked to act and dress professionally for their mock interviews.