All students and employees should follow the LVC Community Covenant to protect themselves and their peers, colleagues, professors, and loved ones.
It is a privilege to be a member of the Lebanon Valley College community of learners. I recognize that we are only as good as the sum of our parts. For this reason, I embrace my responsibility to support, assist, and hold my fellow community members accountable. I am committed to participating in a safe, healthy, and high-quality educational environment and will uphold the policies, procedures, and mitigation strategies the College sets forth.
I promise to:
- Adhere to practices such as masking, social distancing, employing good hygiene, and frequent handwashing and hand sanitizing.
- Self-monitor for symptoms and report them using the Daily Symptom Tracker in MyLVC.
- Refrain from behaviors that will compromise my health and the health of others within our community.
- Limit my exposure to others who choose to do otherwise.
- Respond promptly and honestly to contact tracers.
- Regularly clean and disinfect my personal space and items.
- Prioritize virtual or outdoor meetings with social distancing.
- Communicate potential health concerns, including COVID-19 symptoms, to appropriate personnel in Shroyer Health Center (students) or my physician (employees), and report all health-related issues as instructed by College policy.
- Hold others accountable to these standards.
- Demonstrate care and concern for others.
Vaccines are not just about personal protection—they are vital to public health. We implore those who are hesitant to listen to the science, talk to their primary care physician, and do what’s right for our community and the vulnerable within it. Get vaccinated. The vaccine is safe.
Those who do not follow the College’s employee and COVID-19 policies or the Student Conduct Code will be prohibited from campus property. LVC policies and protocols may be stricter than public health guidelines.