Posts tagged ‘library’

Fall 2020 Move-out FAQs


When should I move out of campus housing? 

You can move out of your campus housing anytime between now and Nov. 7 at 4 p.m. 

Follow the instructions on the sign-out sheet on your door. Notify your RA and sign the sheet when you leave campus. No more than two family members can come to campus to help you. They must wear masks and practice physical distancing. Residence life will inspect your room upon your departure. Take all your belongings with you. 

Will I receive a refund for moving out early? 

The College will credit your student account at the end of the semester with pro-rated room and board charges for Nov. 8 through Nov. 25. If you are approved to remain on campus after Nov. 8, your room and board credits will be pro-rated accordingly. We will carry these credits over to your spring semester bill. December graduates will receive a refund check via mail. 

If you remain on campus after Nov. 25, you will be billed for those days in weekly increments as you have not been charged room and board for any period after Nov. 25. 

How do I request to remain in campus housing? 

If you feel you need to remain living on-campus, please complete this request form by Monday, Nov. 2., at noon. You should complete this form even if you have already requested to remain in campus housing after Nov. 25. 

Those who have clinicals or student teaching requirements and those who need access to technology, housing, food, or other in-person services will be considered. A select group of RA’s, Valley Ambassadors, and student employees with critical job functions may be permitted to continue living on-campus. If you stay in campus housing, you must complete the daily symptom tracker. You will be subject to quarantine and isolation protocols if contact tracers identify you as a close contact of an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19. 

Can I have guests help me move out? 

Yes, but everyone must be extremely vigilant. You can have no more than two family members help you move your belongings out of campus housing. Move-out helpers must be masked, maintain physical distancing of at least six feet, and minimize their time inside facilities. The following individuals are not permitted on campus as move-out assistants.  

Anyone with: 

  • Symptoms of COVID-19 
  • A pending COVID-19 test 
  • Positive COVID-19 test results within the past 10 days 


If I’m supposed to be quarantined or isolated on-campus after Nov. 7, will I be charged room and board? 

No. If you must remain on campus to complete quarantine or isolation, you will not be charged room and board starting Nov. 8. 

If I’m supposed to be quarantined or isolated on-campus after Nov. 7, am I permitted to remain in on-campus housing? Am I allowed to go home? 

You will be allowed to complete your isolation or quarantine on-campus. You will not be charged room and board starting Nov. 8. 

If you are quarantining or isolating on-campus and would like to finish out your quarantine or isolation at home, contact Shroyer at or 717-867-6232 to discuss the risks and feasibility of doing so. You should make sure no one at home is at high-risk (has underlying conditions or is sick or elderly) and plan to have your own bedroom and bathroom to prevent exposure to family and household members and pets. 

Do I need to move out all my belongings? 

Yes. Take all your belongings. Given the uncertainties of how the pandemic might affect spring move-in plans, you should take everything home. 

What should I do with my room key? 

Take your room key home with you, and keep it in a safe place over the break. The replacement fee is $150. 

What if I’m living off-campus but still need to use my dining plan? 

Students living off-campus who need to use their dining plan can do so. Boxed lunches will be available to student teachers and students with clinicals. 

Will card access remain in operation for on-campus housing since there will still be some students on campus? 

Only students authorized to remain living on campus will have card-access authorization. 

How can I get my mail or packages that I’ve had sent to campus? 

The LVC mailroom will notify students living off-campus when mail or packages arrive. At the student’s request, we will forward items to the student’s home address. All items will be sent free of charge through Friday, Nov. 20. After Nov. 20, the cost of forwarding mail and packages will be applied to the student’s account. The mailroom will notify students remaining on-campus of any items that have arrived for pickup. 


Should I still complete the daily symptom tracker, even when I’m living off-campus? 

Yes. Continue to complete the daily symptom tracker for 14 days after you leave campus. If you receive a Red X at any point in these 14 days, contact student health services at or 717-867-6232. The College will continue monitoring Red X’s and will conduct contact tracing if necessary. 

Will I still be able to get health services and COVID-19 testing on-campus? 

If you are residing on campus Nov. 7–25, you may still receive healthcare at the Shroyer Health Center. If you are living off-campus, you may contact Shroyer at or 717-867-6232 for guidance. Shroyer will continue to evaluate on-campus students with possible COVID-19 symptoms and conduct testing if needed. Symptomatic students living at home should pursue testing with their healthcare provider. 

What should I do if I’m concerned about exposing my family? 

We recommend you self-quarantine at home for two weeks after moving home to protect family members and pets. 

Can I get tested for COVID-19 before going home? 

LVC’s student health services tests only symptomatic students. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, do not go home. Contact Shroyer at or 717-867-6232. If you are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 but would like to be tested before going home, contact your healthcare provider. 

Will LVC do entry and/or surveillance testing in the spring semester? 

The College is seriously considering entry testing before the semester begins. We are also consulting with our healthcare partners about conducting census testing throughout the spring semester. 

How can I access LVC counseling services? 

LVC’s counseling services will offer online services for the remainder of the Fall 2020 semester. To schedule an appointment, email, call 717-867-6232. 

Students currently working with counseling services should connect with their counselor to discuss continued support. 


When do classes pivot to being fully online? 

Classes will be delivered entirely online starting Monday, Nov. 9, through the rest of the fall semester. Classes will still end Friday, Dec. 4., with final exams Dec. 7–11. 

Can I take classes online before Nov. 9? 

Yes. From Monday, Nov. 2 through Friday, Nov. 6, you can take your classes either online or in-person. You do not need to make a formal request to the registrar but should make your professors aware of your plans. 

Can I come to campus Nov. 2–9 for academic needs? 

Yes—if your academic program necessitates your presence on-campus. Academic affairs is working with faculty to accommodate students who need to fill graduation requirements. If you must come to campus, continue to fill out the daily symptom tracker and check facilities and office hours (this page will be updated soon). 

Will Bishop Library remain open? 

Yes. Library hours will remain the same through Sat., Nov. 7. 

  • Sun., noon–10 p.m. 
  • Mon.–Wed., 7:30 a.m.–10 p.m. 
  • Thurs. 7:30 a.m.–9 p.m 
  • Fri., 7:30 a.m.–7 p.m. 
  • Sat., 10 a.m.–5 p.m. 

Starting Sun., Nov. 8, library hours will be modified as follows:  

  • Sun., noon–8 p.m. 
  • Mon.–Thurs., 8 a.m.–8 p.m. 
  • Fri., 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. 
  • Sat., noon –5 p.m. 

If you currently have Bishop Library materials checked out (books, DVDs, CDs, technology) and do NOT need them for academic reasons, please return them prior to leaving campus. All items, except technology, can be returned in the book drop at the library’s main entrance.  

If you do need the materials you currently have checked out for academic reasons or if you have other questions email

Questions about interlibrary loan materials? Email

Research appointments are available via Zoom.  

Quick questions can be answered using Ask A Librarian

Will academic support services still be available? 

Yes. Campus resources such as the Breen Center for Graduate Success, the Center for Academic Success, tutoring, and accessibility services will be available remotely. 

Is the spring semester calendar changing? 

No—at least not at the moment. The spring semester academic calendar remains as published in August, with classes set to begin Jan. 26. But as we know, anything could change depending on the course of the pandemic. The College will continue to monitor COVID-19 trends and communicate any changes, such as a delayed move-in or new start and end dates, if the situation requires us to do so. 


What should I do if I’m experiencing financial hardship? 

Students experiencing financial hardship should contact the LVC Office of Financial Aid at or 717-867-6126. 

Phase 2 of CARES Act Emergency Relief Grants is open for students who were not enrolled or otherwise eligible in spring 2020 but who are enrolled in fall 2020. Students who experienced additional expenses in housing, food, technology, coursework, healthcare, or other areas due to the disruption of campus operations may apply. All eligible and potentially eligible students were notified via email regarding the opportunity and how to receive the funds, if eligible. The deadline to apply is Nov. 16, 2020. 

Students must visit here and log in to certify they have expenses to receive a grant. Grant amounts are determined using the same methodology as phase 1—degree level, enrollment status, and financial need. Pell-eligible full-time undergraduates may be awarded the largest individual grants. 

Questions: Contact Kendra M. Feigert, Director of Financial Aid 
(717) 867-6126 

Can I still work at my on-campus job? 

Students who can complete their on-campus work assignments remotely may do so. Those who can commute to campus for employment should discuss their options with their supervisor.  

Can I remain in campus housing to maintain my off-campus job? 

No. Students will not be permitted to stay on campus to maintain off-campus employment. 


Will Arnold Sports Center be open? 

Yes. Current hours will be in place until Friday, Nov. 6, at 4 p.m. The Sports Center will be closed Nov. 7 and 8. Starting Nov. 9, Arnold Sports Center hours will be: 

  • Mon.–Sat.: 10 a.m.–1 p.m. 
  • Sun.–Thurs.: 4 p.m.–7 p.m.  

Sign-ups and the first-come, first-served policy still apply. 

Are athletic activities still happening after Nov. 7? 

Varsity athletics activities will not occur after Nov. 7, except for Esports, which will continue COVID-19 prevention protocols in place. LVC intercollegiate team coaches will be in touch with their athletes about equipment returns, strength and conditioning programs, and prescribed sport-specific skill work for the time in which student-athletes are away from campus. 

What do I do about my injury rehabilitation and treatment related to my intercollegiate sport? 

Please email your team’s assigned athletic trainer to inquire about continued care while away from campus. Home exercise programs and telehealth visits are some of the options available to student-athletes. 

What if I have a new or reoccurring intercollegiate sport-related injury while I am away from campus? 

Please email your team’s assigned athletic trainer for advice and guidance about how to proceed. 


Rentals are due by December 11

There is also a shipping label that can be printed for rental returns as well. Please visit here to print your label. You will need your order number to print this label. The order number can be found on any confirmation email you received. Please contact the College Store at 717-867-6313 or with any questions or concerns.   

Store hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a..m. to 4 p.m.; Saturday, Dec. 5 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Closed Dec. 24 through Jan. 1. Visit here for additional hours and information