The best defense against contracting or spreading the COVID-19 virus lies in your own hands—literally. By following recommendations for the use of facemasks when physical distancing is not possible, frequent hand washing, avoiding touching your face, and maintaining recommended social distancing, you will provide yourself with significant protection.
- As a courtesy, we will distribute one cloth (washable/reusable) face mask to all students at the beginning of the semester.
- Students and employees will provide their own cloth face masks for use on campus just as they have for use in other public spaces.
- We will provide additional face masks (as needed) to those employees where frequent face mask use is required.
- LVC has secured a stock of disposable face masks to be used if someone has forgotten or misplaced their own.
- Gloves will be provided where the use of gloves is a requirement of the job function.
- In general, the use of gloves for repeated tasks not related to housekeeping is not recommended.
Physical Barriers (Sneeze Guards)
- Locations where individual staff or students interact in close proximity for an extended conversation or exchange materials such as payments or documents—or areas with high volumes of interactions—will be candidates for the installation of a physical barrier.
- The exact size and configuration will be determined based on the actual use of the space. These locations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.