Student accounts will be credited room and board for the time students are not authorized to live in campus residential facilities or use dining services. We will distribute refunds of any remaining credit balances after the close of the semester.
Archive for the ‘Policies’ Category.
Pennsylvania Orders & Guidance
- Secretary of Health’s Mitigation and Enforcement Order
- Secretary of Health’s Stay at Home Advisory
- Secretary of Health’s Mitigation Relating to Travel (Nov. 17)
- Department Of Health Updated Travel Order (Nov. 25)
- Preliminary Guidance for Resuming in-Person Instruction at Postsecondary Education Institutions and Adult Education Programs
- When to Quarantine
- Colleges, Universities, & Higher Learning
- Consideration for Institutes of Higher Education
LVC Policies & Protocols (in ADP)
- Employee Exposure to COVID-19 Response
- Guidance and Expectations for Working on Campus During COVID-19
- Pandemic and Communicable Disease Policy
Athletics Guidelines & Updates
All students and employees should follow the LVC Community Covenant to protect themselves and their peers, colleagues, professors, and loved ones.
It is a privilege to be a member of the Lebanon Valley College community of learners. I recognize that we are only as good as the sum of our parts. For this reason, I embrace my responsibility to support, assist, and hold my fellow community members accountable. I am committed to participating in a safe, healthy, and high-quality educational environment and will uphold the policies, procedures, and mitigation strategies the College sets forth.
I promise to:
- Self-monitor for symptoms.
- Refrain from behaviors that will compromise my health and the health of others within our community, including adhering to traffic flow guidelines, guest and visitation policies, any directives to self-isolate or quarantine as determined by College medical personnel
- Limit my exposure to others who choose to do otherwise.
- Adhere to safe practices such as wearing face coverings, practicing physical distancing, employing good hygiene practices such as frequent handwashing and hand sanitizing, and greeting others without shaking hands.
- Respond promptly and honestly to contact tracers.
- Regularly clean and disinfect my personal space and items.
- Prioritize virtual or outdoor meetings with physical distancing.
- Communicate potential health concerns, including COVID-19 symptoms, to appropriate personnel in Shroyer Health Center (students) or my physician (employees), and report all health-related issues as instructed by College policy.
- Hold others accountable to these standards.
- Demonstrate care and concern for others.
Those who do not follow the College’s employee and COVID-19 policies or the Student Conduct Code will be prohibited from campus property. LVC policies and protocols may be stricter than public health guidelines.
The College will minimize the number of campus visitors. A visitor is an individual who is not a current employee or student of the College.
Student guests are limited.
Students may not host off-campus guests in their residence hall or house, including their rooms or communal areas. Guests include but are not limited to non-LVC persons such as parents, guardians, siblings, extended family, partners, and friends. This prohibition includes short visits, study gatherings, socialization, and overnight stays.
- Students who require medical assistance may request visitation by a parent or guardian. You or your parent or guardian must obtain prior permission for visitation from student affairs. Call 717-867-6233.
- Personal care attendants for students with disabilities are permitted on campus and in facilities as needed.
- Up to two visitors may assist students during move-in and move-out as established by College policy but are not permitted to remain on campus after completing move-in or move-out.
All students are subject to College policy and the Student Conduct Code. This code includes additional expectations to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
All College Guests
- Visitors must comply with College policies, including physical distancing and required face coverings.
- Visits must take place outdoors or in areas that permit physical distancing. Visitors to indoor spaces, including the library and Arnold Sports Center are not allowed unless approved by LVC Human Resources.
- Prospective students and their families may visit under the guidance of the admission or athletics staff.
- Vendors and package and meal services can deliver goods and services.
- Guest lecturers may visit under the aegis of a faculty member. The host must ensure visitors abide by all LVC policies.
- Volunteers pre-approved to assist with college academic or operational functions may visit under the direction of a supervisor.
- Any potential visitor with COVID-19 symptoms or a fever of 100.4°F or higher may not be on campus.
- Any visitor from out of state or a resident of PA that has traveled out of state must follow the Governor’s recommendations before coming to campus.
All employees must follow the workplace expectations and guidelines emphasized in LVC’s Guidance and Expectations for Working on Campus During COVID-19, Employee Exposure to COVID-19 Response, and Pandemic and Communicable Disease Policy found in ADP.
Faculty members who need accommodations to teach online because of their underlying health conditions, because they live or care for someone in a high-risk COVID-19 category, or because of another circumstance should contact Rachel Brunner, benefits and HRIS specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org; 717-867-6414). Human Resources will coordinate with Provost Cowart to evaluate accommodation requests.
Employees seeking accommodations should contact Rachel Brunner. Given the fluid circumstances of the pandemic, instructors must request accommodations on a semester-by-semester basis. If your circumstances change mid-semester, contact Rachel Brunner.