It is a privilege to be a member of the Lebanon Valley College community of learners. The foundation of our community rests upon the principle that we are only as good as the sum of our parts. For this reason, we embrace our responsibilities to support, assist, challenge, and hold each other to account. As we prepare for a new academic year during this pandemic, let us reaffirm our beliefs and values, both personal and communal, to foster a safe, healthy, and high-quality educational environment. By engaging as a member of the College community, each of us commits to uphold the policies, procedures, and mitigation strategies set forth by Lebanon Valley College:
- Self-monitor for symptoms.
- Refrain from behaviors that will compromise my health and the health of others within our community to include adhering to traffic flow guidelines, guest and visitation policies, any directives to self-isolate as appropriate, and limit my exposure to others who choose to do otherwise.
- Adhere to safe practices such as wearing face coverings, practice physical distancing, employ good hygiene practices such as frequent handwashing and use of hand sanitizer, and greet others without shaking hands.
- Regularly clean and disinfect my personal space and items.
- Prioritize virtual or outdoor meetings with physical distancing.
- Communicate potential health concerns, including COVID-19 symptoms, to appropriate personnel in Shroyer Health Center (students) or my personal physician (employees), and to report all health-related issues as instructed by College policy.
- Hold others accountable to uphold these standards as members of the LVC community.
- Demonstrate care and concern for others.
Those who do not follow the College’s employee and COVID-19 policies or the Student Conduct Code will be prohibited from campus property. LVC policies and protocols may be stricter than county color-status guidelines.