Students, employees, and visitors to campus acknowledge that COVID-19 is a public health risk, and even with LVC following recommendations and guidelines from the CDC, Pennsylvania Department of Health, and Pennsylvania Department of Education, Lebanon Valley College cannot guarantee safety or immunity from infection, and that students, employees, and visitors accept those risks.
Archive for July 2020
Coverings of the nose and mouth are required. Wear them in all classrooms, communal areas, public shared spaces on campus, and places where physical distancing is impossible. This requirement includes wearing a mask in your residence hall room unless the only other occupant is your roommate. The College will provide additional face masks (as needed) to employees when frequent face mask use is required.
LVC has adapted spaces where faculty, staff, or students interact closely or exchange materials such as payments or documents and sites with high volumes of interactions.
The College will provide gloves to employees who need them for their job function. Gloves are generally recommended only for housekeeping tasks.
Hand sanitizing stations are placed throughout campus to support good personal hygiene.
The CDC and PDH have removed surface transfer from the list of primary modes of infection and indicated that standard disinfectants and routine use of a washing machine kill the COVID-19 virus. All cleaning solutions LVC currently uses have gone through testing and been approved for emerging pathogen use.
Housekeeping procedures follow guidelines and recommendations from the CDC and PDH, focusing on frequent cleaning of high-touch and communal areas, including bathrooms, elevators, classrooms, and doorknobs in student-facing spaces. Housekeeping staff have appropriate PPE for cleaning and disinfecting non-clinical spaces per CDC guidelines.
Supplies are available for employees to clean surfaces in their offices.
Residence Halls & Academic Buildings
- Restrooms, showers, communal spaces, and high-touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Disinfectant will be available for students and employees to clean communal areas, with supplies refilled as needed.
- Offices will be cleaned and disinfected weekly.
- Disinfectant and paper towels will be available for employees to do additional cleaning, with supplies refilled as needed.
Restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily; high-touch areas will receive additional cleaning daily.
Ventilation HVAC systems receive regular maintenance, and the College has increased airflow rates to promote indoor air quality.
LVC is committed to:
- Delivering a high-quality education and student experience across modalities
- Taking steps to decrease health and safety risks presented by in-person instruction and residential living
- Following public health guidelines
- Preserving as many jobs as possible while protecting the financial health of the institution
- Providing options for members of its community that require accommodations
- Adapting our response and planning as the pandemic situation evolves and more information becomes available.