These guidelines apply to Neidig-Garber facilities. Please consult with professors for Arnold Health Professions Pavilion lab guidelines.
- Physical distancing of six feet or more is required.
- The maximum capacity for each space is marked at the lab entrance.
- Teaching labs, research labs, stockrooms, and instrument labs are locked when not in use.
- You will receive initial guidance (either by written or video instruction) before entering a lab. Training includes general considerations for the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) before entering the area and best practices for working there.
- You may enter a lab if you have been trained and approved to do so. You must notify your research mentor or department chair each time before you enter a lab.
- Do not use a lab outside of your scheduled time.
- If you need to use multiple spaces during one lab session (research lab and instrument room or stockroom), notify your research mentor and department chair to avoid conflicts with other users.
- Restrict your work to your assigned primary space.
- Always wear appropriate PPE.
- Wipe down lab instruments, supplies, reagent bottles, or any other lab equipment with a sanitizing cleaner before and after use.
- Avoid cross-contamination and wipe down all common surfaces such as door handles, bench surfaces, and hood sashes.
- In the event of a chemical spill or other emergency, leave the lab immediately and notify a research mentor or department chair.