Senior Spotlight: Tragedy to triumph

By Keegan Corwell ’21 staff writer 

For those who know Scott Salerno, they know he is a very interesting guy. Not only is he a full-time student and a double major at LVC, but he is also a full-time coach for the Lebanon Valley football team. 

Salerno studies both computer data science and digital communications. Although he currently doesn’t have a full-time job lined up after graduation, he has a very strong idea of what he wants to do.  

“I am looking to become a software developer, and hopefully get the chance to work with machine learning and artificial intelligence,” Salerno said.  

During his time at LVC, Salerno worked closely with the football team. Most people may not know that Salerno played for the team during his freshman year. Unfortunately, his playing career as a player came to an end after a devastating injury. However, Salerno would not let this tragic incident stop him from being a part of the game he loved. 

“I worked hard to be offered a staff position my senior year and loved every second of it,” he said. “The best part of it was being able to see the players I coached grow and making memories with them because of our closeness in age.” 

Although Salerno has made memories on and off the football field, there is one aspect he will miss the most once his time at LVC comes to an end. 

“I will miss the family and friends I have made here at LVC,” Salerno said. “They gave me a reason and a purpose every day.”  

Salerno hopes to find a job close to campus to continue his passion for coaching the offensive line here at LVC.  His future may not be set in stone, but one thing is certain: Salerno’s dedication, passion and positive attitude will be missed.