Business owner Emily Gertenbach speaks at Pizza with Professionals

By Kayleigh Johnson ‘22, staff writer

The Breen Center for Graduate Success had Emily Gertenbach, an LVC graduate and business owner, come and speak during their Pizza with Professionals series on March 10th.

Gertenbach graduated in 2011 with a B.A. in English Communications. She has since worked in different industries performing a variety of jobs, including content writing, web designing and recruiting. Gertenbach decided that she wanted to be able to work with a mix of clients and set her own schedule, so she founded Creative Content, a business dedicated to content marketing, branding and professional copywriting.

Gertenbach spends her days meeting with clients, creating content for their websites and networking with professionals in her field to stay on top of media trends and keep her business successful. The skills she gained while at LVC have been indispensable to her career journey.

“LVC was really helpful because I was exposed to a lot of topics and industries during my education,” Gertenbach said. “My career has been extremely varied and LVC gave me the knowledge necessary to hold my own in different settings and types of jobs.”