Office of Admissions says goodbye to counselor

By Megan Finlan ’21, staff writer

LVC’s Office of Admissions said goodbye to admissions counselor Monica Venturella last week after she made the move back to her alma mater Elizabethtown College.

Venturella graduated from Elizabethtown in 2017 with a bachelor of science in psychology before she landed a job at LVC. During her college years, Venturella was highly involved on campus, acting as a peer mentor to incoming freshmen, writing for the school newspaper, and giving campus tours to students and families. It was her experiences in college that led her to pursue a career as a college admissions counselor.

During her time at LVC, Venturella played a vital role in the recruitment of prospective students. Her responsibilities included running information sessions for individual student visits and facilitating larger admissions events such as Discovery Days, Saturday Information Session and LVC Live. She also traveled to college fairs at multiple high schools in Maryland and Delaware.

“I really enjoyed my time here at LVC,” Venturella said. “My coworkers made coming to work not even feel like work. They became like my own little family.”

Monica also worked closely with students on campus as she acted as a supervisor for Valley Ambassadors, LVC’s group of tour guides and student workers in the admissions office. Her work included facilitating student interviews, arranging summer training for tour guides and organizing student responsibilities during admissions events.

“I’m really upset that Monica is leaving,” Kodee Bair, a junior Valley Ambassador, said. “She felt like my mom when I’m at school. She helped me to grow, especially in my leadership skills, but was also a support system if I ever had anything going on in life.”

Monica will be working as an admissions counselor at Elizabethtown where she will continue working directly with prospective students and travel to college fairs in Maryland and Delaware.

The admissions office has hired Luisana Jimenez to fill the open admissions counselor position.