Metz hack: breakfast sandwich

By: Huntre Keip ’20, Staff Writer

Students at Lebanon Valley College have grown accustomed to the food served at the Mund Dining Hall and have learned to make their own “Metz Hacks.”  

This week, the Metz Hack is for the early-morning risers who are hungry but, in a hurry to catch their 8 a.m. class. The alternative meal is a breakfast sandwich.  

First, you need to choose if you want a bagel or bread. The bread station has many variations to pick from. Put your choice in the toaster and, while it is toasting, get the scrambled eggs and choice of meat you want in inside the sandwich. Also, if you want cheese, you can go to the omelet station located at Bravo. Lastly, assemble your sandwich.  

“My favorite things to put in a breakfast sandwich are bacon and American cheese,” Ryan Johnson, a junior early childhood and special education major, said. “Making my own breakfast sandwich helps me when I am in a rush.”  

On the weekends, during brunch time, you can take your scrambled eggs and meat to the LVC Deli station and make a breakfast wrap. It is a good option if students do not want a bagel or bread.  

“Before I lift on Saturdays, I like getting breakfast wraps at the deli because they are not as heavy if I were to get a bagel,” Johnson, said.  

There are many more Metz Hacks LVC students have created. If you have thought of a Metz Hack and are willing to share, contact La Vie Collegienne at LVClavie@gmail.com or share #MetzHack on social media.